Accessibility on www.museenergysimulator.co.uk site
This statement applies to content published on www.museenergysimulator.co.uk.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Responsive design (the display of all content is optimised for all screen sizes)
- Navigate only by using the keyboard
- Text resizing
- Skip to main content links
- Colour contrasts
- Video captions, transcriptions and audio descriptions
- Any content types or features that have been optimised to meet accessibility such as accordions, slideshow/carousels, tables and tabs.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible the website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some tables do not have row headers
- some pages have poor colour contrast
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some images do not have good alternative text
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
- many older documents in PDF format are not fully accessible]
What we do about known issues
We work to achieve and maintain WCAG 2.1 AA standards, but it is not always possible for all our content to be accessible. Where content is not accessible, we will state a reason, warn users and offer alternatives.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
www.museenergysimulator.co.uk is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the known issues listed below.
Non accessible content
The content that is not accessible is outlined below with details of:
- Colour Contrast on some pages do no t meet the standards
- Some parts cannot be navigated with keyboard only
- Missing link names on the header
- Missing discernible text on the header
Some documents and content are exempt from the regulations (such as live video content and PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services), so we do not currently have any plans to make them accessible. But if you need to access information in one of these document types, you can contact us and ask for an alternative format.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- No video captions, transcriptions or audio descriptions
- Colour contrast issues
- Website content not navigable using a keyboard
- No text alternatives for non-text content
Reporting accessibility issues
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille or if you find any accessibility issues not listed on this page then please contact SGI@imperial.ac.uk
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
How we test this website
This website was last tested for accessibility compliance on 24/6/2021, and these tests have been carried out internally.
We used the Accessibility Insights for Web Google Extension, when deciding on a sample of pages to test.
This statement was prepared on 24/06/2021. It was last updated on 12/10/2021.